Happy New Year
First of all, best wishes to you all for a happy and healthy 2022.
I am sure you are aware of the continuing concerns around COVID. It is encouraging to hear that Omicron seems to cause milder symptoms. However, the high number of cases may well cause problems in school. We already have a significant number of staff who are infected and we are trying our best to manage and keep school open to all pupils.
In order to keep all of us safe and school impacted as little as possible, please can I remind you of the measures we will take and will ask you to take?
1. Please ensure, if at all possible, that your son or daughter has had a lateral flow test before returning to school on Tues 4th Jan. Please also continue to test twice a week.We should have a new delivery of testing kits when we return.
2. If your child is at all unwell with symptoms, please err on the side of caution and keep them away from school and access a PCR test.
3. If your child is a close contact of a confirmed case out of school, please access a PCR.
4. In line with recent guidance, staff in Upper School and P16 will be wearing face coverings around school and in classrooms. If students can, they are encouraged to do so. We understand that this is not possible or appropriate for many, so please don’t worry that this will be something we will insist upon.
5. All staff will be requested to wear face coverings in communal areas.
6. If your child is a close contact of a positive case in school, we will continue to inform you and request that they access a PCR.
7. Any visitors to school will be required to wear face coverings, unless exempt.
It is our intention to have all pupils back in school, but please be aware that this is subject to change if we cannot do so safely. We will contact you as soon as possible if we do have to close to some pupils for a short time.