Skip to content ↓
Priory Woods School & Arts College

Priory Woods School & Arts College A Special Place to Learn

Update on Opening

Just an update on school and our extended opening.

As you will be aware, a few weeks ago we asked all of you if you wanted your son or daughter to come back to school. Many of you wanted more information so we contacted you again if this was the case and this helped you to decide if you wanted a place or not. 

As a school, we had decided that we would offer provision as far as possible to every family who had said they wanted it. We then planned to make this available within the guidelines given by the government, ensuring we are keeping the pupils and staff as safe as possible. Our 'bubbles' of pupils are small as we know that social distancing is difficult for many pupils. We also changed our Key Worker provision to make two bubbles as this group of children had grown in numbers. This was a complex task as we needed to get the staffing right for each bubble to ensure the children are having their needs met. However we were able to give a place to all pupils whose parents said they wanted it. 

We are now in our second week of this provision and so far, it seems to be going well. This is because we are following the rules.

I am aware that many of you would now like your child to return but I'm afraid this isn't as easy as it seems as we need to keep our 'bubbles' secure. We are keeping this under review and look to new announcements from the government to see if this changes. We are also working with the local authority to see if the regulations change to allow us to change and have more children back. I know this isn't what many of you want to hear and it's not what I want to say as it is not in our nature to say no to our own pupils and families. 

I know many of you are also asking about September and again, I don't know for sure what we will be able to put in place. Mr Johnson has indicated that he wants all children back in September. This is what we all want as long as it is safe and we are organising a plan A and a plan B. I will keep you informed as soon as I know.

In the meantime, please get in touch if you need some more support and we will do what we can to help. We are still here to support as  much as we can.

Kind regards